Sunday, July 13, 2008

Remember








"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope; the Lord's lovingkindesses indeed never cease.."
"Bless the LORD O my soul, and forget none of His benefits.."
These are a couple of my favorites from God's Word about remembering. I like the definition in the concordance for remember,"to call to mind again."

When I was walking in the Relay for Life yesterday, I was calling to my mind again how God has taken care of me and my family over the last year. What a powerful time.
Purple is my favorite color and it is also the color you get to wear in a Relay for Life, if you have had cancer.
My daughters and I walked for 2 hours yesterday. We had a good time, my oncologist was there and seeing her taking part in the walk really did my heart some good. I guess my radiation Dr was also there, but I missed him. These people really care about their patients and I am so blessed to have them helping take care of me.
The survivors went to a microphone and introduced themselves and told how long they had been around since their initial diagnosis. There was a little girl, age 7 or 8, who said she had been a survivor for 7 years...there were husbands and wives BOTH with purple Tshirts...then just the survivors walked one lap. I saw a couple luminaria bags decorated on my behalf..what blessings they were!
I also saw a lot of IN MEMORY OF bags and those broke my heart...

I felt a little less alone and quite frankly, much more blessed when I left. We were treated like royalty and given an incredible meal too.

I got to the car with my hubby and I was going all Eyore on him...the gray cloud was forming over my head.
"I do not want to be on a bag that says, IN MEMORY OF (insert my name) honey!!"
He smiles and says, "You get a purple shirt, that's pretty cool, that means you are here!"

He is a glass is half full to brimming over kind of guy you know??

He loves me gray clouds and all.....

So anyhow, remember what God has done in your life. No matter what trial you are facing, He is there with you. He is abundantly available for help in your life.

I get to say that because I have a purple shirt!!

He is faithful,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Praise God! that you get to wear a purple shirt!
Now when people ask how you are, I can tell them, "She is a survivor! She has a purple shirt!"

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Great pictures ;-)

Love, Mom

Waitingfaithfully said...

Yay for Bonnie, my "purple shirted" friend! How far you have come, how much you have taught me along the way!

Thank you for the relay walk re-cap and for sharing all of your thoughts . . . happy and "Eyore-ish" together.

The slideshow is beautiful! Blessed Be The Lord! He is faithful indeed!

Love,

Tina