Tuesday, November 4, 2008

God is on the throne!






No matter who wins, Jesus is still at the right hand of the Father and God is still on the throne.
I just wanted to remind all of us of that TRUTH tonight. So much of what we have heard
and read is LIES.

Just the grown ups got to go out today..it was a blessing and a healing balm.
We went to an authentic Mexican restaurant, in downtown Sarasota, and there were little birdies hopping around, on the restaurant's floor, begging for their lazy lunches. My food and theirs, was fantastic!
While I was waiting for my Starbuck's coffee ( I am being spoiled rotten here), I called my brother.
He had a PET scan last week. I was checking up on him.
Words like metastatic, high activity/uptake, and new "spots" next to his clavicle, hit my ears--HARD.
You have to understand, he was told, he would have a "100%" recovery. He was told they would be
able to kill it, all of it, etc etc. I did all I knew to do.
I prayed. I prayed God's Word all over him, while my brother in law was driving us towards Siesta Key Beach..I prayed he would know God's peace. I prayed he would stay in today, meaning he would not allow his mind to run ahead and play out all those awful scenarios..
I prayed he would not fear.

The trip to Siesta Keys was not really planned...my brother in law decided after the news, to take me there.
Soft, white sand met my feet. Warm waves caressed my toes. The sand I can't even begin to describe!!

The pictures say it all..

Pray for my brother please and his wife and 4 sons. Pray for the Dr to have God's wisdom Thursday.

Tim and Nathan head home tomorrow too--pray for their safety. I head home next Wednesday, the 12th.

He is faithful,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my! The pictures are beautiful!
How nice to see all of you in the same picture.
Your brother-in-law does know how to spoil people! I'm glad you are there for awhile.
We will pray and put Steve on the prayer lists.
Just found out our friend Mary Beth has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
It's a good thing we know that
He is Faithful and on His throne!!

Blessings and love to you all!!
Mom

Waitingfaithfully said...

Dear one,

Thank you for the reminder that God is indeed on the throne!

Praying for Steve & Amy, and their boys. Praying for you as you absorb this news. Sometimes there are no words . . . He is STILL on the throne. May the Lord give you His peace today.

The pictures are beautiful. I miss Florida. There is nothing like the sand and the waves to bring peace in your spirit, and leave you in awe of our Creator.

Of course the little sparrow picture is my favorite.
God's smallest reminder that His eye is on me, and on you, on Steve and Amy and their four precious boys, on Tim and Nathan as they travel . . . on ALL that concerns us . . .

Blessings to you my friend. I'm praying.

Love,

Tina

His Eye is On the Sparrow

Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely
and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion?
My constant friend is he:
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.

Refrain:
I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
for his eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.

2. "Let not your heart be troubled,"
his tender word I hear,
and resting on his goodness,
I lose my doubts and fears;
though by the path he leadeth
but one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.
(Refrain)

3. Whenever I am tempted,
whenever clouds arise,
when song gives place to sighing,
when hope within me dies;
I draw the closer to him,
from care he sets me free:
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.
(Refrain)

xo