Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

I received an email from a friend today. He is a veteran, a marine and a miracle(survived a crash with him on his recumbent bike and a ATV). He reminded me to be grateful and to remember our veterans and give them the honor and respect they deserve.

I needed that.

Something else he said though, that truly hit home for me, was when they went into the military, they raised their right hands, took an oath to protect their country and give their lives if necessary.
Granted, most of these men I'll never meet and don't even know and they are willing to die to protect me from enemies of the USA. I am humbled...

It reminds me of my Saviour, Who died, while I was yet a sinner..Who gave His life for me, on the cross, and I did not deserve it one iota. He did so to protect me from Hell, to save me from Hell, if I choose to follow Him..That is what we Believers in Jesus Christ refer to as being "saved." Thank You Jesus...

Thank you veterans everywhere, anyone of you who may read this...thank you too to their families who also sacrifice to allow them to serve their country. I cannot fathom my husband being in harms' way, way across the world, in a place I can't know of..

With a grateful heart for Veterans,

Bonnie

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Thank you sweet friend!

Love,

Me, a very grateful (and proud), military wife and mom!