Thursday, January 27, 2011

I don't get it really

I don't understand how God can love me some days. Honestly. I sin. I spew.(words) I fear. I fret. I speak ill of others without them around. I could go on but I will spare you..
I am not perfect. I mess up.
The key to not being tied up by all this ugliness is to focus on GOD. Not myself.
Who I am comes from God and how HE views me and not how others view me or what they say about me.


I am adopted into His family, "He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will." Eph 1:5

In God this morning, I am blessed.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.." Eph. 1:3

I have been chosen by God Himself: "..just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him." Eph 1:4

In God this snowy morning I am forgiven, "If we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us or sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9

And lastly, in God I am redeemed. I love how Michael Card painted a picture of what it means to be redeemed in Christ. He alluded to the illustration of how we were drifting on the stormy sea and Jesus was our life preserver. We grabbed hold and were saved. Or something like that. No Michael said, we were dead on the bottom of the sea, Jesus dove in, brought us back up to the surface and breathed life into us!! "But when the fulness of time came, God sent forth His son, born of a woman, born under the Law, in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons." Galatians 4:4.5


So when I am doubting myself, or leaning too hard on what others say about me, I listen to God. Even though I don't understand His ways, His ways are not based on human love. Human love is conditional and weak. Human love is often selfish. Human love punishes when there is an offense. Which I guess then, would not make it love...

So if you are having a difficult day dear reader, look at yourself through the lens of God by the power of His Word.
You are most precious to Him. He loves you. He loved you so much He gave His only Son, so that you might have life in eternity with Him.
That is the kind of love I want to walk in today. God's love.

By faith, I am choosing to believe it, even though I do not understand it or get it.

You are faithful Lord,
Bonnie


P.S. More later I promise...Mom was given a surprise birthday party by family downstate and it was awesome!! I have pics....hopefully this weekend I can post them.
P.P.S. Hannah made the president's list for last semester!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go darling daughter!!


No comments: