Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jesus was not a victim. He laid down His life for you



"But God demonstrates His own love towards us, that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)
and raised us up with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus...
FOR BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED THROUGH FAITH; AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES, IT IS A GIFT OF GOD; NOT AS A RESULT OF WORKS, THAT NO ONE SHOULD BOAST." Ephesians 2: 4-8

"When Jesus therefore had received the sour wine, He said,"IT IS FINISHED!" And He bowed His head, and gave up His spirit. John 19:30




My Jesus was not a victim. He chose to go to the cross for me, to bear my sin. The most pain filled words in the New Testament (to me) are when He cries, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"


My Jesus...forsaken...totally cut off from God, His Father, because of the sin of the whole world, my sin, your sin too
being bore by Him.
Yes He went to the cross because He loved us, yet He HAD to go to be the sacrifice, the Passover lamb, slaughtered and laid open before Heaven's eyes..


I am not a theologian. So many blogs I read are so verbose, so beautifully put together, so articulate, so frequent...

All I know is this:
Jesus Christ changed my life.
Forever.
He died for my sin, for your sin and He
did
not
stay
in
the
tomb...

He is alive--He arose--and knowing Him as my Saviour makes all the difference in this journey called life. He is why I can grieve with HOPE as I remember my brother, because my brother loved Him too..I know that one day, when I breathe my last bit of oxygen on earth, I will take in my next new breath in Heaven
and I will
see
my Saviour's face
and my brothers..

That is HOPE dear one.




He loves you,

No comments: