Thursday, August 18, 2011

Enough

Is God enough?

Does He "have" what I need today?
This moment?

He says He "gives strength to the weary and to those who lack might He increase power."

Yes, He is enough.

The trouble is me willing to believe it.

Last night I had a meltdown...
Too many thoughts in my head...I chose to dig past offenses up, and like what I see in my compost bin..and it stunk up everything else!!

Words became barbed weapons, lunged out in sheer anger, to maim my loved ones..
Cupboard doors slammed.
I filled up my journal with verbose, not so nice words, that I'm thinking maybe I should rip out??
Sleep was not.

Today I realized again that:

Faith is the catalyst for belief.
Faith requires God's Word to be infused into my mind..
"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the Word of Christ." Romans 10:17

Bottom bloggy line is this: If I am not in God's Word, I am staving off my ability to believe it.

A crusty heart's scab gets softened from reading, absorbing and believing the Living, Breathing, Word of God..
THEN
Words become healing balms--
memories of pain filled moments become washed by grace--
cupboard doors get cleaned, not slammed--

I understand a tad more yes, God IS enough.



I will never, ever forget asking a girlfriend of mine, battling between obedience and not believing --
if God was enough.

Her eyes darkened, soul stiff..
lips pursed the word,
"No."

I've lived no.

God today, right now,
help me
to say
yes,
You
are
enough.
Why should I?


This is why:
"Your grace is sufficient for me, for Your power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I may boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
II Corinthians 12:9


Resting in His faithfulness--
Bonnie

No comments: