Thursday, September 6, 2007

New mercies

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The lovingkindnesses of the Lord indeed never cease, His compassions never fail, they are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness." Lam 3:22,23

Today, Lamentations tells me, is a day where God's mercies or His compassions are new. Every single morning this happens just like the sunrise.

I guess it doesn't take much to get me going these days but I think that is pretty amazing! I don't deserve it, I didn't earn it and I can count on it.

These are the truths I tell myself at the start of each day.

Hannah had her big toe nail dug out of her toe bed this afternoon. She is doing remarkably well and is glad to have one done. I don't know why we waited so long. Her and I then took a different way home and went south of Charlevoix, to Ironton, took the ferry across part of Lake Charlevoix and then came home through Boyne City. We were the only ones on the ferry which was fun. It was beautiful here--the sky is so blue it is hard to describe. How does God do it?

I am feeling well. Kind of nauseous here and there, but nothing I can't live with. I have been walking about 2 miles every day and tonight had the bonus of my husband with me. No dog, just the two of us and it was the sweetest part of my day. Lucy the beagle dog, always always barks at us and we are pretty certain we saw an albino deer tonight grazing in the neighbor's field.

Speaking of deer, I am going to get out my bow tomorrow. I am just going to see how it feels with the port. No pushing, honest. Opening day is October 1st though. I am not trying to prove anything. If I feel well, I can't see any reason why my bow should stay in the basement.

I am getting more used to my bald head. Today I wore a sassy scarf and my newly acquired prosthetic device(translation:falsie) and felt just like I did before I put them on--fine.
It made me feel a little less conspicuous, but then again, the scarf with no hair is rather obvious.
I had one poor kid stare at me while I was at the post office. I wish I could've heard his mother telling him why I looked different.

I am just rambling. Please keep praying for us. I can tell so very much. God is giving me an indescribable joy. Tim calls it spunky but I like joy better.

Remember His faithfulness to you.

No comments: