Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bless the Lord

Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name..Psalm 103:1

All that is within me can still bless His holy name even if I have another mastectomy..even if the breasts that nursed 4 babies for many years are gone..
This Friday, I am having another mastectomy..
I know.
Last blog I spoke about radiation and whether or not, and asked you to pray for wisdom.
We met with surgeon Monday, and our oncologist Tuesday and they both confirmed for us that to have a mastectomy first, then have radiation next, is the better course.
I won't bore you with all the gory details, but a lumpectomy would have disfigured me because of how much he would have to remove of this pre cancerous lump..
considering my family's history of cancer and my own history, a mastectomy made more sense.
IF there is anything else yucky in this side, then it can be dealt with during radiation too.
I can start radiation 2 weeks post op, but will probably go for 3 just to give myself time to heal more.
This surgery isn't as involved because there will be no lymph nodes removed.

Please pray for no infection and no complications.

I really can see that the Lord has directed us in this choice.
That brings me comfort.

Yes, I am sad.
But one of the things I said last time to my husband, is "I know you didn't marry me for my breasts" and it is true.
I have an incredible husband who loves me for my heart..
what a blessing now.

Sorry if this isn't PG material!

I will write tomorrow quickly to tell you the time of surgery Friday.
I should be able to come home Saturday.

He is faithful,
Bonnie

4 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

He is faithful, indeed!

I think you have made a wise choice. Praise God for His direction!

I will notify the prayer chains.

FYI: You are BOTH incredible!

Love, Mom

Kristine said...

You are being covered in prayers from all over the globe. May the peace of Elohim which passes ALL understanding keep your heart and mind through Yeshua our Messiah!!!

Shalom dear friend!

Linda said...

Ah, my brave Bonnie! You have made a bold decision that may prove to have saved your life--who knows what that nasty pre-cancerous lump may have become?

WE ARE NOT OUR BREASTS!! I'm so glad Tim has assured you that you are still you, regardless of how many body parts you have!

Know that you, your family, and your physicians are covered, wrapped, and enclosed in the blessings of prayer.

Please keep us informed!

Love, Linda