Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fervent prayer!

James 5:16 says,
"The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."
Luke18: 1-7 tells of a woman who went before an unrighteous judge and basically begged anfdd bugged him so much for what she wanted, that he granted it to her.
And a neighbor went to another neighbor at midnight, for some bread. He basically got turned down but kept begging for the bread so he could feed his friend! Because of his persistence, he got his bread.
The point?
Don't give up in your prayers. Jesus says to not lose heart. So if Jesus said it what are you going to do with it? Just because you cannot see anything happening, doesn't mean your prayers are not being heard. God tells us in His Word, He hears the cries of the righteous.
It also doesn't mean that God is not doing anything...He is at work, we simply need to have faith in Him.
I am pretty much telling myself all of this. The girls and I have been studying this in our Bible study and this morning, when we read these parables, it was as if God was telling me, "Don't give up Bonnie--keep praying!"
We also have been learning that prayer is HARD WORK.
Elijah was a man, with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain...remember, it did not precipitate for 3 long, years. Talk about low water tables...
Or some translations say fervently.
I had to look up fervently because it is one of those words that I think I know the meaning of, but I'm too lazy to pursue it.
Fervently means with great energy and passion.

I have been fervently, earnestly asking the Lord for something .
I would rather not tell you what it is, but I would desire you to pray.
I will tell you, it is HUGE and time is of the essence.
It will also tell you, that to look at it with human eyes, it seems absolutely impossible.

And no, it is not regarding my health. Whew huh?

Thank you very much--I know that this reaches some incredible prayer people out there in cyber land.

Believe me, when He answers, in His perfect time, I will raise the laptops and desktops with praise!!!

He is faithful,
Bonnie

P.S. Whatever it is that you are praying for, do not give up. Be persistent!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are a great teacher!!
We will of course, pray.
Love, Mom