Saturday, July 19, 2008

Waiting

I love to get the mail. I shuffle through hoping to see a friend's familiar script and all I see is an envelope from the bank...you know, the thin ones, with a single sheet of paper..NOT a monthly statement that's for certain!!!
I groan.
Then there is one from a debt collector..I wish I hadn't have opened that one...short, to the point type prose, not containing one letter of humanity. I cry.

I love to get the mail because there is always the hope that someone who cares about me, will have written. Or I would have a great old aunt some where leaving me her estate. Either of these scenarios would render the above circumstances sting-less. One offering encouragement in the trial, the second, a solution to the trial..

Alas, it is a yucky mail day.

I decided to go out on my swing and look up a few verses on waiting.

"Lead me in Thy truth and teach me...For Thee I wait all the day.." Ps. 25:5

"Wait for the LORD, be strong and let your heart take courage, yes wait for the LORD." Ps 27:14

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him." Ps. 37:7

"I waited patiently for the LORD, and He inclined to me and heard my cry.." Ps. 40:1

"For our citizenship is in Heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ." Phil 3:20

Waiting has lots of different circumstances.
Monday, I have another bone scan.
6 days ago, I saw the Dr concerning my left knee and the incredible pain it was in. He said I had a pretty good case of arthritis and some good sized bone spurs...he didn't think arthroscopic surgery would do that much for me and urged me to hold off several more years because of my age....can I say yeah, RIGHT??
I got a cortisone injection and the difference today is significant. I can walk with virtually no pain. I know this is very short lived though...........For the past 2 months or so I have been having pain in my shin--deep, intense pain. He called it referred pain, from the sore, ouchie knee. To be on the safe side, he ordered a bone scan to rule out cancer...he said he would be surprised it it were, but he wants to make sure.

I am thankful for that, but here we go again...

The scan is Monday, July 21st. It doesn't hurt but it sure does cost A LOT!!!!!
We find out results one week later, the 28th, in his office.

Tricky business this waiting.

Whatever the situation, I can be anxiously waiting or eagerly waiting.
I can be fearfully waiting or faithfully waiting.

My choice.

Even though it was a lousy mail day, I still got what I needed the most from God and His Word.
Encouragement, hope and love. His mail to me is the BEST ever!!

He is faithful,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Bonnie,

I like this definition of "waiting" from Merriam Webster the best . . .

2 a: to look forward expectantly

It somehow makes waiting not seem like such drudgery or gloom. We spend a lot of time waiting in life, don't we? Sometimes for joyous happenings, like the birth (or adoption)of a child -- Then sometimes for things that are beyond our earthly comprehension --things we really wish we weren't waiting on--like test results.

Yet for all of it God expects us to wait faithfully, maybe even expectantly. . . and that you do Bonnie, because your hope is in HIM! You have no choice but to wait (no one does), but you DO choose HOW you will wait. And you are a bright and shining testimony of waiting faithfully.

Praying for you friend, as you wait yet again. Continuing to pray for your total healing.

He is faithful!

Love you,

Tina