Saturday, December 6, 2008

Light and fluffy

The snow was really soft as it broke my fall..Teresa and Rachel and I had just gotten the new accumulation off. We were finishing up. I put the hooks on the ladder ON TOP of the lip of the roof--dumb idea. I didn't have enough of the bottom of the ladder in the snow and down we went.(the ladder and I)
I felt really stupid. On the way down I hit a rung with all my weight, right in the middle of my foot. Now I am icing and elevating. My ankle is swollen but I can bear weight on it. It hurts.
I will probably take darvocet before I go to bed..



My brother...when they opened him up, they found not one, but two lymph nodes, the size of marbles. They were both malignant. He has a scar from up under his ear, almost to his windpipe.
The surgeon also removed some tissue around it. He had both drains pulled out yesterday.

The first time they tried to remove the huge tumor in January of this year, they couldn't because it was all wrapped in and around the major blood vessels..it shrank to nothing during chemo and radiation. Obviously some little stinking cell remained and it started growing again.

The up side is, the cancer is gone.The surgeon removed it! He sounds good and his faith in God is strong. That is a huge up side. He has grown so much spiritually in these last few months, I am so proud of him. It pleases me to see him choose to lean on Jesus and not his own understanding.
Please pray for him and his wife Amy as they walk down this path again...it is difficult to say the least..
He meets with the oncologist next week and they'll talk chemo/radiation. He doesn't really know what is coming but he is confident in God's care of him and his family. It sounds like his job is secure and they are working with him to make it all gel. .Another up side.
Mom and I stayed here due to bad winter weather..it was awful to not be there. Mom especially had a hard time...what Mom wouldn't??

The day before his surgery I felt led to share a verse with him. When I first became a Christian, Doc and Jan presented me with my own Bible. It had my name on the front and inside the cover were these words;
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding,
in all your ways acknowledge him and He will make your paths straight."
Prov. 3:5,6
When I was a new Christian, I really focused on the straight paths part. Sounded easy, to walk on a straight path..
Now I see two words, TRUST and ALL.
Steve is trusting with all his heart and so am I.

Keep praying for him and Amy..

Time to get my foot up!!

He is faithful,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Sorry friend . . . I'm playing comment catch-up, that means I have been following along, but my two littlest side-kicks have prevented me from commenting . . .

Everyone is in bed, and I should be too, but the silence is wonderful, so here I sit . . .

Sorry to hear about your fall . . . I'm thinking that someone else should be "up on the roof top". Not the mama! How is your foot?

Thank you for sharing about Steve. What a painful journey the two of you have shared. I love Proverbs 3:5-6 . In fact I just shared it with someone today. I had just covered it in a Bible study that I am doing when I read your post the first time--and had just circled the words TRUST and ALL--just as you mentioned. It all comes down to trust doesn't it? I was just sharing with my Mentoring Moms group tonight about a poster I used to have with this verse. The picture on the poster was a drawing of a little girl in an old fashioned rope swing, her hair blowing in the wind. As you looked up, the ropes--instead of being hooked to a tree limb, were being held by a strong hand, God's hand. I was thinking about the peaceful feeling you have when you sit down and begin to swing . . . the way it just makes you breathe deep, and sigh, and let go of your cares for a minute . . . like when you were a kid . . . That is trust. Letting go, breathing deep, knowing that God is holding us up. It's so much harder as a grown up--but it's what He desires. So tempting to look up though and say, "Ya got the rope Lord? You know I weigh a little more than I used to . . . hang on tight, okay? You got it, right?"

He's got it! Oh praise Him that He's got it!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding,
in all your ways acknowledge him and He will make your paths straight."

Thank you for sharing Bonnie, you always make me think! Praying for Steve and Amy and their boys, and for all of you as well. How is your tummy handling the new medicine? I hope it is helping.

Congrats on your deer, times two!

Better stop for now!

Love you~

Tina