Monday, October 5, 2009

Read the label!

"This drug may impair the ability to drive or operate machinery. Use care until you become familiar with it's effects."


I had to laugh really. I picked up my aromasin today at Walmart because my samples are almost gone. I'd never had an actual prescription bottle---until now!! It had a warning label on it about driving!!! My poor family is very "familiar with it's effects." Grumpy, moody Mommy. I have to share this story with you because this is real life for me and my kids and husband. (not all the time OK?) I could not get the crock pot out of it's little pigeon hole cupboard one day. I pulled, twisted, contorted my back, got down on one knee and STILL it didn't budge. I got madder and madder until I screamed something like, "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I failed to notice that Teresa and Rachel were both standing there, looking at their poor, crazed mother. Rachel quips, "Mom, all you had to do was ask." The look on her face was one of "wow, I just witnessed an adult fit!" Of course, I apologized. I felt horrible. I asked their forgiveness...Teresa, bless her little 10 year old heart, says, "that's ok Mommy, I know it's the medicine.."
I went into my bedroom and wept..Oh God, how am I going to "do this" for 5 years???


These are the labels I am going to heed though.

God tells me : And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.." Rom 12:2

Colossians 3:2 says "Set your mind on things above, not on the things that are on earth."
Wow. Well put don't you think??

"FOR WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD THAT HE SHOULD INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ." I Cor. 2:1

Dosage?? Apply liberally. Take as many times a day as needed. Take as food for your mind and soul.

My biggest, hugest battle is waged in my mind. That is where God needs to renew and strengthen me.

Would you please pray for that to happen?




God is faithful,
Bonnie

P. S. October is of course, National Breast Cancer Awareness month. I think each woman in America who has ever had breast cancer, should receive a free month's of groceries, because we have to endure the continual barrage of pink ribbons in every, single aisle of the store!! That is my humble opinion!

No comments: