Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow

I love the snow, I truly do. Even if it means shoveling it off the roof, I love it. I have been out marking trees as a forester---and it is SO beautiful in the woods...it is SO quiet...
Last time I listened to several podcasts, all maintaining the same theme...

Gratefulness..

It's easy cheesy to be grateful when life is good, rosy, kids are well, money's in the check book...
but when life is unfair, people are mean, medicine makes you grumpy and as the tree goes up in the living room the sudden realization--my brother is not here this Christmas---well, it sure does test what's really in your heart.

My gratitude is for the One Who loved me when I was yet a sinner.
My gratitude is for a tiny, helpless baby, born in a manger, smelling like sheep dung, Who came for me.
ME.
That my dear people is the kind of gratitude that feeds our hearts to do things for others, to see God in the every day and to realize we deserve absolutely nothing--and yet God gave us everything.

As I go out in the snow this morning to mark more trees, and I tromp around taking in the beauty, I will be thanking God for all He is, all He's done and all He will continue to do in my life and the life of those around me.

Psalm 8 states:
When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained:
What is man, the Thou dost take thought of him?
And the son of man, that Thou dost care for him?
Yet Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
and dost crown him with glory and majesty!!


Oh Lord MY Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth!!

I love You Lord,
Bonnie ,
tromper of the forest, sprayer of orange paint on trees,
taker inner of all Your glorious creation!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

We luv you mommy and we LOVE your new backround

Bonnie said...

I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHORTYZOWADA