Monday, December 7, 2009

Give ear to my words...

I was praying the other morning, back in my bedroom, before school began. I started reading the Psalms, with Psalm 1 corresponding to December 1, etc. etc. Day 5 obviously brought me to Psalm 5. It begins:

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my groaning. Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God."

I had a plethora of words that morning. Words for my family. My son. My daughters. My husband. My friends. My sister n law, her sons--walking into their first Christmas without a husband and a daddy...my mom, strong in her faith, yet so very tender right now... Heed the sound of my cry for help...

Some days that's all it is. A cry for help. Jesus help me...

He does. The other day it was in the form of a friend's voice on the phone. Today, it was a gift from my secret sister in our little drama group..she made me fresh squeezed orange juice!!! I am savoring it for Christmas morning..tonight, it was figuring out an algebra problem on the paper tablecloth at dinner with my sweetheart.

Why??? I could not figure it out during class today with Rachel, the principal and I had a meeting at dinner.....you could call it a perk of homeschooling!!

I see these daily joys as from the hand of God Himself. He has taught me over the years to look for Him in what I used to call mundane and ordinary.

Example: We have this Christmas catcus plant. I think it came with us when we moved here almost 13 years ago..this morning, one of my girls yells, "MOM COME HERE, QUICK!!!" I scramble--thinking I'm going to see a giraffe or something in the yard. No--they see the blossom on this old,scraggly plant and are so excited to show me!
Thank You Lord..
Example #2: My eagle eyed Rachel sees a bald eagle on the way to town..Thank You Lord.
Example#3: Teresa, sitting IN the laundry basket tonight, looking at our newly placed Christmas tree, states, "If you hold your head to one side, it doesn't look crooked..." You just had to be there...it was hilarious!!
Thank You Lord..
Example#4: my Hannah helping me change my blog background when I was ready to pull my hair out.
Example #5: my sweetheart and his sticky boots...

Ask Hannah on facebook Mom.

Thank You Jesus for helping me.....

I must go to bed.

All these gems I've shared are gifts from His hand, as are each of you.

Keep Christmas about Jesus!

He is faithful,
Bonnie




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you, thank you! I can just see her sitting in the laundry basket! I love all your examples. sticky boots? It's almost like being there - - I love and miss you all.

Heard you got two feet of snow today!! Oh my goodness! Guess I'm better off here.

He is faithful, indeed, and knows all our needs.
Mom