Thursday, May 6, 2010

Prayer is hard work..

Law and terrors do but harden,
All the while they work alone;
But a sense of blood bought pardon,
Will dissolve a heart of stone.

C. Spurgeon


Don't you love that quotation?? Is your heart like stone? Hard? Crunchy? Rebellious? Angry? Unforgiving? Have a sense of what Jesus Christ did for you--He shed His perfect, sinless blood for you my dear reader. For YOU.
Romans 5:8 states "But God demonstrates His own love towards us, that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

I pray when I walk. Out loud. I do not care if the robins hear me, nor do I mind if a driver zipping by, sees my lips move. I probably look like a crazy homeless person, but I am speaking to the God Who made me..
I learned this little activity from Beth Moore's book Believing God and I do this when I walk.
Most days..
I am using my hand as a prop, as a shield of faith.
This is based on the verse in Ephesians where it says in 6: 16 "in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one."

First goes up my thumb and I say "God You are Who You say You are and I go on and list His attributes, like how He is Holy. He is truth. He is mighty. God You are Love..

Second up goes the next digit and I proclaim how God can do what He says He can do.
He can mend broken hearts and He can make hearts of stone like hearts of flesh. He can do the impossible..I could go on and on...and some days I do..

Third finger says, I am who God says I am: I am adopted, I am blessed, I am chosen, forgiven and redeemed..

Fourth finger reminds me, I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength..

Fifth and final, now I have my pseudo shield, The Word of God is alive and active in me, sharper than any Tim Zowada knife, and it's two edges can pierce as far as the dividing of joints and marrow, and it is able to judge the thoughts and intents of my heart.

So I am walking, huffing and puffing, praying, usually with many tears as I cry out to my Heavenly Daddy...


More on yesterday later...My brother celebrated his birthday in the presence of our Saviour.
I got some things for our HOPE garden..I found a stone with the verse on it,
"Those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength.." Isaiah 41:10
One of Steve's favorite verses..

It was a tender, sorrow filled day, but not without the mercy and grace of God holding me together.

I love You Lord
I miss you brother so very much,
Bonnie


No comments: