Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Meet Me

"Meet Me in the morning stillness, while the earth is fresh with the dew of My Presence. Worship Me in the beauty of holiness. Sing love songs to My holy name. As you give yourself to Me, My Spirit swells within you till you are flooded with divine Presence.

The world's way of pursuing riches is grasping and hoarding. You attain My riches by letting go and giving. The more you give yourself to Me and My ways, the more I fill you with inexpressible, heavenly Joy."


From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, reading for May 4th.


I am a wordy person. Words mean things. People use words like they are nothing, but they are everything. What is in your heart, comes out of your mouth. Or it spills onto blogs, facebooks or texts. I love it when I come across a blog or a person's writing's that enrich me, encourage me and press me to pursue God and to yearn for His ways in my life.

I love how she gives me the picture of the world's way of going after riches is grasping and hoarding. Oddly enough the exact opposite is the kingdom way of living--letting go and giving.

The verse she quotes at the end of her devotional is I Peter 1:8 which says,
" And though you have not seen Him, you love Him,and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory."

Oh Father, fill me to overflowing today with You--with Your holy spirit.
I am letting go and giving my heart, my dreams, my fears, my brokenness, to You.

You are faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: