Friday, November 12, 2010

Faithful God

My relationship with the Lord...I so thankful and grateful He is faithful to me- that He doesn't give up on me, nor zot me into oblivion when I do something dumb, mean or downright disobedient. I am not deserving of His love and faithfulness, yet He gives it.

All through cancer, He has been faithful. By that I mean, He has not left me. He has not given up on me and said, "Well, Bonnie girl, you are a lost cause." His character and His attributes are not dependent on me. (thank goodness) I know this because I believe Him.

We learned in our Bible study this past week that there is difference, a HUGE one, between
believing in God
and BELIEVING GOD.

Do you see it?

Faith.

"Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Heb 11:1
"And without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is
and that He is a rewarder of those who earnestly seek Him." Heb 11:6


Faith is the sturdy, necessary bridge spanning the chasm of believing about God to belief. I came to Christ over 30 years ago and I believed that Jesus died for my sin. I believed His atoning death on a terrible cross and I bowed my head and heart to His resurrection from death and hell, which brought me, little ole' Riverdale me, life--eternal life..it also ushered me into life here on earth.

It didn't take long for me to realize that although I was a believer in Jesus Christ, life wasn't fair or easy.
I had to move from believing about God, to believing God as I walked through sorrow and heartache and pain.
"What do you mean God, all things work together for good? If one more person shares that verse with me, I'm going to sock them! Hard!!"
This was how I felt after my dad died..for a long while..

30 years of experiences and trials have given me opportunities to believe. I haven't always-- yet
each time I have, God has met me, with open, loving arms, to hold me and weep with me. He always know what my soul needs. Always. He is such a faithful Father to me....

I read this quotation this week which bolsters how I view God's faithfulness ---

"I found Him faithful yesterday. He will not be unfaithful today."


Bonnie

No comments: