Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snowshoes!!

I kept feeling this bump on the back end of my snow shoe--I thought it was the weeds or a clod of snow--so I looked back and it was our dog, stepping on the end of my snow shoe! I guess he got worn out from breaking his own trail and wanted me to do it for him!

We have about 6 inches of beautiful, fluffy snow with more coming down. I walked up the power line hill tonight, soaking up the loveliness...I absolutely love snowshoeing (sp?) in God's creation...

After 5 days of turkey,we'd had enough!!! Where's the beef???That red meat sure tasted good! By the way, we baked a huge bird--Tim got a fresh, farm raised one as a thank you for working on someone's gun! Yummy!
No deer yet, but our neighbor brought down a buck he shot and gave it to us. He is the only one is his family who likes venison! Can you believe that? What a great guy!! It was all gutted out and is now hanging, waiting for Tim to begin processing it. We do it ourselves; the girls like grinding for burger and I help Tim wrap up all the chunks and roasts. I am back to hunting with bow and arrow. I think on the 10th I can use a black powder gun, so I will try that too. I should be in pretty good shape hauling up and down that hill to get to my "spot."

While I trudged up the huge hill tonight, I kept thinking about Psalm 103: 1-5

Bless the LORD, O my soul;
and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not His benefits.
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit;
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

My words cannot change your life. I am a woman who loves God. But God's Word can change your life, if you believe it. I think that is what this blog is about--believing God, no matter what.
So tonight,
I am focusing on those bold words,
Pardons--
Heals--
Redeems--
Crowns--
Satisfies--

Thank You Lord, for changing my life.
Thank You too, for snowshoes!

You are faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: