Monday, December 27, 2010

We can do hard

I like that statement don't you? It's from Mary Beth Chapman's book Choosing to SEE.

Here it is in context:
"Even in this free fall of pain, I've landed on a solid foundation and my faith has held..on most days. I have learned that God is good...always. Hope is real. I have found--even in the awful pain of tears and grief so intense you think it will kill you--that my family and I can do hard. We'll never get over our loss, but we're getting through it. "


I cannot fathom the loss of a child, like the Chapman family has experienced. Period. I cannot fathom the loss of a spouse. Exclamation point. What stands out here, is the truth to her statements-
-God is good--always. Amen...
--The loss will always be there --you never get "over it." Recovery is a word which leads to the misguided notion that after a while, you should be "over it."
--And that loss effects everyone in the family--which I still am finding out about years later from my cancer and the loss of my brother. Children process grief way differently than grown ups--mine are no exception.


She accomplished her goal. She brought comfort to me-- a sister in Christ with what she calls "similar pain." Thank you Mary Beth...thank You Lord, for using her pain to bring comfort to someone she has never met..

Definitely worth your time to read this year.


For those of you who prayed for my Christmas miracle..
God gave it in ways I would have never, ever contrived.
He is so amazing...

You are faithful Lord,
Bonnie

No comments: