Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Good things!!!!!

Psalm 103: 5 tells me that God "satisfies my years with good things."

Psalm 84:11 declares: "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD gives grace and glory; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly."
James 1:17 says, "Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above..."


48. But more like 54. Every night, from mid November until mid April. That was the mean temperature of our bedroom. In 2004, we ripped out the carpet because of my asthma. We tried to use the electric heater attached to the wall, but it was full of dust from no use and would set me off to a coughing spree...
We resorted to a space heater and Mom lovingly bought us a very, very nice electric blanket. At least two of the four bedrooms in the back of the house had forced air heat, from a propane furnace. Tim and I did not like using it much because of the crazy expense of propane, so we always kept those bedrooms cool.. I called it the artic zone or the meat house, depending on my mood.

After the folding up of our airplane business, we suffered from financial troubles. BIG ones. No extra money existed to supply the wood boiler, baseboard heat we wanted for the back of the house.
We prayed. I prayed. All of our dear friends prayed. Nothing happened. I mean nothing.
I dreaded winter. Even after we were debt free (save for the mortgage) we would get money saved up and something would break. You know what I mean...Life happened. Then I got cancer...and who cares about heat in your bedroom when you are fighting for your life???

Today, after 6 long, chilly years, my bedroom is now a comfy 68 degrees! Rachel's bedroom, Hannah's bedroom and Teresa's bedroom each have snazzy baseboard heaters, radiating the warmth from our outdoor wood boiler!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodbye propane furnace! (except for maybe when we're gone) It only took the guy 3 days to install all the stuff!! Wow was he good!!

Tim can attest that he walked in on me--in our warm bedroom, on my knees, giving thanks to my heavenly Daddy...oh thank You Father, for my hard working, steel poundin' man--thank You for using his work to bring us the money, so we could have this done!! Thank You.....
God gives good things--and they are from Him. Whether it's wood boiler heat in my bedroom, or my daughter finding a pair of sweatpants for $3.00, it's all from God.

Before I go to bed(in a warm bedroom!!), I am going to do a happy dance for all He has done!!

He is faithful,
Bonnie


No comments: