Sunday, March 6, 2011

19 years young

Yes, this is my social butterfly, aviation daughter! She is flying an airplane--with her Daddy taking photos! Isn't that a super way to see the sunset on your 19th birthday??

Yesterday we celebrated with cousins downstate--what a blessing to have family that share their boy's birthday party with Hannah's birthday. I am so very grateful for family. Hannah didn't mind sharing half the cake with a helicopter either....I think she thought it was pretty awesome!

Hannah had her favorite meal --homemade chicken pot pie and the infamous poppy seed cake! Yummy!

I didn't have much else planned for the day and all of a sudden, I said to Tim "Could you borrow Lee's airplane today??"

She loves to fly and Tim said she did great--he even made sure he "remembered" how to drive as well. Funny honey... She was able to log 1.2 hours. No, I did not go. I was glad to stay home and watch for them from the ground--and I didn't feel one bit sad either!


Tim and I got her a 3 day pass to a Christian music concert--I didn't wrap it in gift wrappings, but I placed it in the pages of Isaiah--chapter 66, verses 1 and 2 to be exact, the same verses I adorned her birthday card with..


Thus says the LORD,
"Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool.
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?
For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being,"
declares the LORD.

"But to this one will I look,
to him who is humble and contrite of spirit
and who trembles at My word."


I wanted her to find it there, nestled in the pages of a book that is becoming increasingly precious to her heart. I see a young woman who is growing not only academically but also spiritually--by leaps and bounds.
***********************************************
I love you Hannah.. I can still hear your uncle singing happy birthday to you, accompanied by his testosterone quartet--and I bet he was singing with us today around our table..

You are loved darlin'!!

Happy Birthday!

Mom


No comments: