Friday, March 4, 2011

He is Yours God

Son I am so proud of you! You are my first born, my first baby-- you had dibs on being first at many things. Dad and I often referred to you as our "guinea pig" which was a nice way of saying we had no idea how to raise a child, but with God as our Help, Dr. Dobson and lots of mistakes, you turned out "pretty good."

Saying goodbye to you last night was really, really tough..I remember you telling me to "Please pray Mom" and you know I will. I want you to come home a different man, tempered in the hot Mexican sun in more ways that one--yes, you will have a tan, but I pray God's Holy Spirit sears truth into your heart and soul as you build houses for His glory.

You are my son, flesh of my flesh, but you belong to God. Your Dad and I dedicated you to the Lord when you were a wee toddler, and you were so shy, I had to turn around so the congregation could see your big, beautiful eyes.

21 years later I am dedicating you to the Lord a new, more painful way. This world is full of heartache Nathan; you are no longer the babe over my shoulder--you have seen much--you have suffered loss and heartache as a young man, and I couldn't protect you from it like I used to. I have watched you turn your heart towards God and look to Him for help and comfort and I am blessed in mommy tones, that only other mommy's can understand.

Tonight you leave for El Paso Texas, in a 15 passenger van, with 56 other students. You are going to build homes for the poverty stricken in Juarez Mexico. My prayers can reach that far I'm sure.....

I love your enthusiasm, your desire to do something for God, your youthful strength and your smile. I love your ardent passion to defend truth.

As I pulled away from your strong arms last night, I gave you back to God again. You are His. I am placing you, my first born son, in His capable, mighty hands.

When Nathan begins to lay foundations for these homes, remind him Lord, that You are the foundation of his life.

I will close with the blessing your daddy used to give you every night before bed:

"Nathan, may the Lord bless you and keep you,
may the Lord make His face shine upon you,
may the Lord be gracious unto you
and give you peace.


In the name of the Father,
and the Son
and the Holy Spirit,

AMEN"

I love you Son!
Mom




No comments: