Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Maple syrup dance

Teresa, Rachel and I were in the living room. Nathan had gone to bed. Hannah was here, at the computer.
On the stove, perches a pot of golden deliciousness--fresh, maple syrup--boiling down to perfection with Tim's observant eye and helpful hydrometer.
Tim is sitting on the couch that "takes you in"--and then, without any warning, he FLIES off the couch, slides on the floor because his socks slip --his arms flailing all over the air...and barely misses the corner as he dashes for the stove!

The syrup had begun to boil over...Hannah just sat here--which is part of the funny..

Tim says, "I couldn't let it burn!!"

True.

Oh honey, you made us all laugh very,very hard!! I witnessed you move faster than I ever believed possible ---all for the love of maple syrup! I am chuckling now, fondly remembering what I will forever refer to as the "maple syrup dance"!!

Thank You Lord for peals of laughter..


My top 7 gifts from yesterday:
1)Bibles, left open, from eyes before mine, inviting me to come and see!
2) Long walks with prayer pushing me farther.
3)Braids.
4)No bad things on Hannah's CT scan of her sinuses.
5)Crockpots.
6)Fresh maple syrup ladled over vanilla ice cream.
7)Laughter!


And now a bit from my devotional this morning, which I believe fits beautifully into this whole idea of being grateful:

**"When you focus on what you don't have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened. You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers and countless other gifts from Me. You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until it is "fixed."


Powerful words, spoken with great tact and truth. Are you trying to "fix" life?
Gratitude is powerful when nothing is taken for granted-then it becomes a dispensing tool for Joy.

He is faithful,
Bonnie


** from Jesus Calling by S. Young, pg 103

No comments: