Wednesday, June 15, 2011

500th on my list of thing I'm grateful for

#500: my husband finding the source of the slow leak on suburban's tire and fixing it.
#501: sitting on my swing with mom
#502: sunburned noses
#503: walks with my children--they notice everything!
#504: hard, but good, talks
#505: long bike rides on cool mornings
#506: smells like Heaven on my bike ride--sumptuous
#507: sound of gravel and rocks under my bike tires as I hit the driveway
#508: good night's sleep
#509: cleaning out Mom's car after she let us borrow it for our nephew's graduation downstate
#510: excellent, God honoring, Word preaching, sermons
#511: VW rides into town; a little girl dancing up and down pointing at my car, then giggling with joy when I "beeped" at her.
#512: going over my cancer history with a survivor "navigator" and sensing God's peace all over me as I saw words like grade 3, tumor, lymph node involvement, size of tumor, adriamycin, taxol, genetic history, and muga scan...
#513: forgiveness
#514: great haircuts!
#515: husband in my VW bug taking up the entire front seat!
#516: piano girl who looks across the room for my eyes, meets mine and bows, before her performance.
#517: hoses: even if they drive me crazy!




I was hot last night...my list of gratitude didn't soften my anger as I stormed around the yard, mad about another list..
a list of things not done yet.
Do you have those kinds of lists?
Do they get to you like they do me?

I mean, I can't put up fence for the horses. I would if I could, but I do not possess the know how.
The bare, dirt pasture is a great conduit for erosion...so my yard, the nicest part of it, is now buried in about 4 inches of sand and horse poop..
Do you know how hard it is to rake up that kind of stuff?

Hard.

But it is harder to live with a mommy who is mad.
It is not fun to sleep in the same bed with a wife who wants her husband to somehow sprout a superhero cape and do it ALL.
Never mind work and making money to provide...


This morning I bask in the Word. On my swing.
The same wood that held my brother a few summers back..
And it washes away the dirt of my heart...

I read this: "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in His Word I hope;
my soul waits for the LORD,
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning."
Psalm 130:5


Bottom line is that I need to wait on God. I do not mean He will get the pasture put in while we sleep tonight...
I mean that while I wait I am changed from an impatient, huffing, storming woman,
to a tender, yes I can wait Lord, woman.

If you are waiting for some thing, some one, remember ultimately you are waiting on God.
He is faithful and He knows exactly what you need.


He is faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: