Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hunting..

Day two into the season. He came from the northeast; windy conditions. 20 yards from my ground spot-- I did not hear him at all--he simply appeared, licking, nose wet, moving slowly. I waited until his head turned away to bring up my daddy's .32 Winchester and BOOM.

Meat for the freezer.

I thanked God audibly, cried (because it's such an adrenaline rush--and I hate seeing them die..)
and called Tim. I always take my cell phone with me, it's just on silent.

My sweetheart did all the rest; the hauling, gutting, cutting up, labeling those white packages for our freezer and smiling at me--telling me I "did a good job."

I do much praying while I sit.
Much.
What's awesome about this concept is only God and I know the who and for what.
I kind of like it that way.

Thank You Lord for answering my prayers and for bringing Mr. 6 point right across my path.
Thank You for a freezer bulging with venison from not only me, but two other deer, given to us!

You are like that--lavish, abundant and full of surprises...

You are faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: