Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Golden Moments

Home alone.
Golden sunlight caresses the floor, reveals dust bunnies, dog hair and dirt.

My baby turned 13 Sunday.
13..
I've been remembering God's presence and goodness and they shine like
golden moments on my heart..

"Be still and know that I am God" were words I heard as the ambulance guys wheeled me across my front lawn that night 13 years ago.
I had bled so much I went into shock and had to be transported to the hospital..
My baby was  my "visitor" for a few days until we came home.

I still hear her first cries.
Still remember eager faces of her siblings in the door way, watching with their Grandma by their side--
impatiently waiting to see her and hold her..
Still remember my husband's face floating above mine in the ambulance.
The curve in the road told me how close we were to the hospital..
My wonderful midwife followed behind, headlights shining, assuring me she was there.

Moments like that no longer bring terror or fear.  They usher in solid stones of God's character.

On Teresa's birthday we looked at pictures.  Blood ..  I wince because I do not want her to associate bad with her birth.  Big sister Rachel said it best, "Birth is bloody Mom, it's ok."

I love that girl..

Golden moments stand out like strands of color in drab life.
Nursing..
Sleeping with me for a long, long time.
Always touching my neck or under my chin.
Beanie baby puppies tied to a long leash, being drug through the house.
Sitting in the dog crate with the dog.
Coloring.
Praying to ask Jesus to be her Savior.
Tears.
Reading out loud.
Socks left all over.
Dancing in front of church to the tune Silent Night--with utter 3 year old abandon..
Making eggs.
Gathering eggs.
Running after a horse in the field.
Saying goodbye to her horse..
Holding me hard.
Making thank you cards for people.
Drawing horses.
Receiving her first ever black belt.
Now a third degree at the age of 13!!!

I love my last teenager..my "baby."
I pray she will love God with all her heart, soul, mind and strength..

Thanks to all who invested in her and her book full of your wisdom and encouragement and admonishment for those teen years.
She will cherish your words for years to come.


Thank You God for the golden moments of my life
I love you,
Bonnie





13 minutes to purchase 13 items under 13 dollars!
My bridge walking girl!
Big brother and his youngest sibling-no they did not buy the game..
After catching a greased pig!

No comments: