Sunday, November 4, 2012

Prepared?

I do not know if one can truly prepare for a loved one's surgery..heart surgery is serious stuff.

Surgeons paint with serious strokes and speak of risks. ( I know they are supposed to)  Diagrams "show" the procedure.  Internet allows me to watch?  No thanks.

Still it's my mom.  The one who bore me for 9 months.
The one who has been a widow since 1986. Buried a son, her only son, in 2009.  She is one of the most generous people I know. She loves her family.  All of her family--I add for those of you reading who disagree?  Please.  How many more years need to pass?  

As I prepare, I decided to go back to Psalm 91.  When I faced chemotherapy, I was scared. I don't mean like oh no scared--I mean trembling--shaking--fearful for my life kind of scared.

A friend challenged me to read Psalm 91 and then to commit it to memory..Only 16 verses right?

Best thing I could have done.  When I saw the red snaking down the line, into my medi-port, I held my Bible and administered my own life sustaining medicine:  God's Word.

This morning I read the first verse..
so rich and full of hope.  Of promise.  Of comfort.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High,
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

That's how I'm preparing for this Friday.  
I won't be dwelling on what the surgeon is doing.
I will be dwelling in the shelter of the Most High(El Elyon)
and abiding in the shadow of the Almight (El Shaddai)

O God thank You for Your Word..

In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments: