Friday, September 21, 2007

Faith and forts

Wow whee am I sore! Tang Soo Do this am started with 50 jumping jacks, 20 sit ups and 10 push ups. Not a lot really, but for me now, I am feeling it on my left side, right under my armpit..sometimes I forget that I have had surgery but my body sure doesn't.
We test for green belt next Friday!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!
I am ready, it is just nerve wracking. There are two intermediate levels of green and then two of red and THEN you test for your first black belt. I am having a blast and am grateful I can be there.

After TSD, we drove to Mackinaw City and went through the fort. We were there from 10-2 and all of us had a great time. I learned many things I had probably learned last time I went but forgot. The kids all got to come and at dinner really shared a lot of what they gleaned from the day and we were surprised at how much they took in. Kids are amazing people..

The girls and I are in a Bible study right now and just memorized a verse in Hebrews about some great men (and women) of faith.
Hebrews 11 :33,34 says, "And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Samson, Barak and Jepthath, of David and Samuel and the prophets, who by faith conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, in weakness were made strong, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight.."

This was followed by many discussions about what faith is, how it isn't driven by emotion but based on choosing to believe God's Word and what it says. It may sound dry, but with a 15, 12 and almost 8 year old, the conversation is always interesting. We've been talking about having faith in God when things seem impossible and wow, here I am fighting cancer feeling that way as I approach next week and to hear my daughters speak about their ideas really husmbled me. God is at work in their lives through all this cancer ordeal as well. What feels impossible to me is going through one more time of the andrimycin/cytoxan which seems to want to make me so sick...Just going back into the office makes me nauseated because of the smells..I wonder how my Dad felt. He never really got very sick if I remember right.
At any rate, my faith has gotten stronger but it is only because I have chosen to put my faith God. Not in positive thinking or good thoughts or good whatevers but in God. I know He loves me. I know He loves my husband and my children. He is absolutely trustworthy in all things.

I am just blathering right now because I am so tired.
Put your faith in God. Not men, not an education, not in success, or stuff but God alone.
I think you will be amazed at how great He is.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Bonnie! I've been following your blog posts with great interest and sympathy. You're one strong person!
Just got our Guideposts today, and there was an article about Deanna Favre (Brett Favre, football players wife)about her struggle with breast cancer. Here's what it says in the Family Room section: "...Deanna Favre HOPE Foundation...provides financial support for disadvantaged and uninsured breast cancer patients. Visit deannafavre-4hope.com for more." Don't know your exact situation, but it wouldn't hurt to look, huh!
How's the karate going? You are Mrs. TOUGH!! and I admire you!
Love Linda (and Frank)

Marcia B. said...

Hi Bonnie: I have been following your journey through others, but now that I have your blog page, I will be following more closely and able to pray specifically in how the Lord is leading you. Praise the Lord for your wonderful comfort and peace. We love and miss you. Marcia and Jacques

barb said...

Hi Bonnie, I read your blog every few days to see how you are doing. I enjoy hearing about your family.I am glad you are doing so well. We hope to see you again one day. Love ya, Barb

RawTriGirl said...

Ok. I totally thought I read "Faith and Farts", which you can imagine completely caught my attention....

(can you tell my boys are enthralled with bodily functions right now?)

Thinking of you!