Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Review

I just read through my last few entries. It is wild reading yourself when yourself is all brave and saying things that sound so great...but the reality of it is tonight I am dreading tomorrow. My own writing sounded like someone else!
I haven't felt the greatest today and that colors my outlook kind of grey. Went into town two times, one for my blood draw for the lab work. The cream worked well, I didn't feel a thing! Then into town again for Hannah to practice piano. She is playing for her first ever wedding this Saturday, and she has been practicing very hard with her cellist friend. They sound BEAUTIFUL!
Of course I am biased.
Came home took a nap while the chili cooked on the stove. Hannah made corn bread that was more like cake tonight because we only had one egg...(long story) and it tasted good.
Been stretching tonight for karate. My flexibility is so much better than it was last November when we started. We test for green belt the end of this month so I am trying to get in the mental groove of at least stretching each day and going through my different forms and techniques. It isn't physically grueling like running would be, but it takes mental concentration and flexibility and some physical grit. I am not trying to be like a Kung Fu Chick or anything--it provides a physical challenge right now that isn't terribly draining on my body. I don't know why I am explaining myself either. It is also fun.
I got a matching orange handkerchief/scarf today(for my orange belt) I hope I feel well enough Friday to be able to go...............
A friend pointed me to Psalm 18 tonight. She has this way of bringing Scripture into my days right when I need it. Then my best friend called me and prayed with me..it was like being right there with her on her swing, I could even hear it while she prayed squeaking back and forth..here I am, in my living room, on my knees, with the little girls reading on the other couch, praying with my friend..as I am praying Teresa comes quietly and pulls the books she wants to read out from underneath my arms...she whispers, "Sorry Momma" and goes to the other side of the room to read them..
It is moments like that I wonder if my children will remember in the years to come..not the books but me on my knees, praying with my friend. Oh Jesus, help them see the importance of going to You at any time, in any place and crying out to You for help.

I will close with these words. God says it better than I can. Love you all!

"As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the Lord is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God.
The God who girds me with strength, and makes my feet like hinds feet, and sets me upon my high places.
Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation, and Thy right hand upholds me; and Thy gentleness makes me great. Thou dost enlarge my steps under me, and my feet have not slipped.
Psalm 18 30-33, 35-37

No comments: