Thursday, November 1, 2007

Bifocals and Blessings

I'm not sure I like this. Having to think about how to turn one's head and tipping one's nose up or down to see, is not my idea of fun...I just got them today.

Yesterday I found a lump right above my right breast. Trying not to panic, we asked a few dear prayer warriors to pray..I got up this am called the oncologist. They said to call my surgeon. The surgeon said, I can't see you till the end of November. Phooey on that, so I called my primary care Dr. Got in at 1:30 p.m. While I am there talking with him, before he even examines me, the surgeon's office calls and wants to talk with me. Could I come in at 4:30 today? Yes, I say...
So back into the exam room. My primary thinks it is a rib. Nothing to be concerned about. Questioned me about my recent activities and I had to fess up about the roto tilling, the shot gun I used a few times to get ready for turkeys and my bow hunting...he just smiles, says in his humble opinion, it is a rib...we walk down the hall and out into the waiting area where I melt in my husband's arms...the receptionist and the other nurse are watching us...I didn't mind and I don't think they did either..I felt SUCH relief!! Thank You Lord God!

Then off to the surgeon's office at 4:30. That was my 4th and final trip to town today..talk about exhausting..the surgeon was very concerned. They thought the lump was in my neck! After we clarified that, he came in and checked me all out. He was very thorough. He felt it was a rib too, with maybe some fatty tissue..he also said I looked tired and I needed to stop doing so much! He laughed when he heard about the shotgun, the roto tilling and the like..and he admonished me to let others do that stuff right now..I think I get the point Lord. New Normal right?

We get in the car and pray together, thanking the Lord...

The other amazing thing God did today was this: we had filled out a financial application for the hospital's patient accounts department. This was so they could offer us a discount at the end of October. Tim and I didn't know quite what to expect, we thought maybe 30-40% off, we weren't sure.
Last week the bill in the mail was $30,000. That was from like, early September on. We have already paid a big chunk with our Samaritan's Ministry "insurance" but still had this huge balance hanging over our heads..
So the lady calls this am. She says they have reviewed our case and they have decided to
"write off the entire balance of $30,000!" I just began to cry...seconds go by and she is like, "Are you alright?" I gasp thank you over and over... I praised God a few times too...

Oh wow.

God You are amazing...You are worthy of all the praise, glory and honor and I give You my life and my husband, and my children....
You are holy Lord God.

Thank You for Your mercy and compassion today...I know You will hold me in the palm of Your hand tomorrow as the taxol goes through my veins...

I love You Lord...
Your grateful servant,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW!!! What a day! With yo-yo emotions! Brenda says to tell you that you will get used to the new glasses and the only "normal" that doesn't change is Jesus! His blessings are incredible. Based on last time, you know that in a few days you will feel good, again. We continue to pray blessings and health. Love, Mom ;-)

Kristine said...

Hallelujah on the hospital bill!!! Wow....what a burden lifted! As it is almost 2:00 a.m. your time, I pray that this day is blessed with much peace and much love to you. You are getting closer to that "treatment finish-line" one week at a time. With love and prayers,
The Dohse gang :)

Daddy Dylangrr said...

Praise GOD!!!