Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gratitude
















I realize my son is missing but he wasn't home yet, so maybe next time you can see him and his snappy new haircut.

Today I was able to give my testimony at church. The theme was God Will Make a Way and there were songs that upheld and supported that God can and will make a way in our trials.
I left so encouraged!
I was a little nervous when I got up there, but God supplied strength and help. I cried when I got to the part about Tim being there for me..I couldn't go on for what seemed like the longest time..I guess all the ladies in the choir behind me were crying and passing the kleenex! I am so glad I couldn't see them!

I am so grateful for an opportunity to give God the glory, praise and honor He deserves.

Saturday, Hannah and I walked on water. Well, it was ice. We went to the bay to see this *crucifix at the bottom through the ice. Apparently, the water was deemed too murky, so they called it off. We get there and there are people walking all over the place! I decided since I jumped into the bay right before my chemo, I would walk on it during my radiation. It was an experience I probably wouldn't repeat real soon.. Hannah loved it.

*The crucifix was put there to honor all the people who have lost their lives in the Great Lakes.

I am absolutely whipped. I slept for over 2 hours this afternoon and could have slept more. Right now I am so tired I feel sick...
Up at 6:30 and out the door for radiation by 7:45. Tomorrow will be day 10 out of 25. My skin is already looking reddish.
It doesn't hurt though.

Please pray for my strength. Hannah begins drivers ed this week, it is 3 days a week, for 4 weeks, into town and back...My Mom is going to help with the driving. She is so awesome.
This is just a busy month and I need to protect myself from over doing it..This is very hard for me as many of you know..

I would like to share this little tidbit from a calender I have. I thought the timing of these words being for today, the same day I shared what God has done in front of my church family, was too cool.

"Whatever dark tunnel we may be called upon to travel through, God has been there. Whatever deep waters seem about to drown us, He has traversed. Faith is not merely, "feeling good about God" but a conscious choice, even in utter absence of feelings or external encouragements, to obey His Word when He says, "Trust Me."
The verse chosen for this was Psalm 46:1
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
Elizabeth Elliot On Asking God Why, p 149

I am so grateful Jesus for You. Thank You Lord for my family and my friends and for the life You have given me. Thank You for Your Word, it is literally life to me.

I love You,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Everyone looks great in your purple and burgandy dresses!! Great color choices ;-)
Bonnie, you have hair!!! It's almost as long as Tim's.
I'm so glad you were able to share in church today, I'm sure you did well. I made it to Sunday School, ten days post-op. Everyone was surprised to see me. Doing ok, but have moments of pain.
Only tylenol now. Tempting, since I still have lots of the good stuff. Will of course, pray as you requested. You aren't the only one who has a tendency to over do.
Please see Tim's email for an update on things here. Love, Mom