Monday, July 28, 2008

To God be the Glory

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the earth hear His voice, praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son and give Him the glory, great things He has done!


Fannie Crosby wrote that hymn many moons ago...I was singing it to my daughters last night, as I stood between their doorways. I wanted them to go to bed with good things ringing in their ears instead of questions and fears.

When Dr. W walked into the exam room today, I felt like I was going to crumple on the floor. Sorry. I am being brutally honest. Tim had enough peace for both of us!! He said the bone scan was good news and that's all I heard for the next few seconds.....
I wanted to cry but I held it in!! Other than "severe" arthritis that lit up in my left knee, I am all clear!!!!! Thank You Lord God Almighty!!

We talked about getting me a bone density test to establish a baseline. That way we can monitor my bones as the arimidex does it's work. It likes to cause osteoporosis, fractures and now we know, deep bone pain/joint pain...ugh. He said he did not think an arthroscopic surgery would do much good and we talked about glucosamine/chondroiton positives and negatives. You can tell he doesn't hold either of them in high regard. He wants me to be on fosomax or some other bone building drug while I am also on the arimidex.

Enough of the medical stuff!

Thank you for your prayers..I felt peace most of the time and I could tell people were praying. I cannot explain it, I can just tell.

I need to go cuddle my hubby..he is such a gift from God's hand to my heart.

Thank You Lord, for hiding me in the shadow of Your wings today. I love You, good news or bad.

You are faithful,
Bonnie

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!! We are delighted to hear your good news!
Love you lots!! Mom

Linda said...

Whew!! What an ENORMOUS relief!! I was checking your blogsite many times today, waiting to hear. HIP HIP HOORAY! GESUNDHEIT! VINEGAR AND HOT DOGS!! (don't ask me where I remember that from, since I don't remember--I just hope it's sufficiently celebratory--hee, hee!)

Thank you, God!

Oh--a friend of mine who is a breast cancer survivor found out the hard way that radiation and chemo weaken your bones when she fell skiing and broke her leg. Do all that weight bearing stuff, though, because it makes your bones stronger.

I know you'll research the pros and cons of drugs like Fosomax, too--I think that group of drugs is known for causing heartburn.

PARTY!! REJOICE!! PRAISE!!

love, Linda



love, Linda

Waitingfaithfully said...

THANK YOU LORD! THANK YOU LORD!

I've been following along, and wanted to reply on your last post, but got interupted twice. Have been praying, and waiting on the update. The GLORIOUS update!

Oh sweet friend, what a relief...

Thank you Lord for holding Bonnie up, thank you Father that even when she feels like she is going to crumple, You hold her. Thank you for Tim's peace and strength through this battle. Thank you most of all for good news!

Lord, please continue to heal Bonnie, give her strong legs Lord, free from pain. We know there are side effects to deal with, but we know that YOU are bigger than side effects!

Love on my sister Lord, and give her your perfect peace.

In Jesus name,

Amen!

And again I say, THANK YOU LORD!

He is faithful, indeed!

Kristine said...

Hallelujahs and Thanksgiving offered up from Alaska! WE LOVE YOU!!! Thank you, Mr. Z, for taking such good care of our Dear Mrs. Z!!!!!
O worship the King, all glorious above and gratefully sing His wonderful love! :)