Sunday, September 7, 2008

Blessings









My new fly rod came today!! WOO HOO! The pic is me in action, in the back yard.
Look out trout!
What is really funny is, when it came, I had to get out the Cabela's catalog to figure out where the reel went in relation to the guides on the rod....I called Tim a couple times for further assistance.
You should always put on the fly AFTER you put the line through the guides!! Oh if my guide from the Au Sable could've seen me, he would have a proper laughing fit!!
No, there weren't any instructions for those of you wondering...

Next is yours truly..it is a before picture for reference for when I get my new hair style on Monday. The local salon gives make overs to breast cancer survivors and I am pretty excited.
My hair is getting really frizzy and curly! Wild.

We had our bridge walk on Labor Day with our dear, wonderful, fun loving friends J and C.
Oh my how we laughed! The weather was gorgeous..We got up at 3:30 am and left the house by 4:15am..we were done with the 5 miles by 8:40am. My good knee was acting up marvelously due to the chemicals I put in my body each night before I go to sleep..but other than that, it was a great time! Thanks J and C for all your hard work getting that motor home ready. We have many memories of riding in it, and sitting out on the "veranda" afterwards, chowing down.
What a blessing to have friends that drive all this way to do this with us!

Then it is me and my beloved. I am so grateful for Tim. He is God's gift to me. This year, it will be 24 years of marriage! Thanks Lord..

Then it is me and my girls at the finish line after the bridge walk.. They did so well. Nathan had to work and that was very weird and hard not having him there with us. I know, they grow up, but it was still odd not having his smiling face. He especially likes walking on the grates!

Gorgeous girl on car. HER car. God did it again!! She had a family that "didn't need 2 cars" because they were moving, so they gave it to our precious daughter....WOW WHEE!!
It is a dodge intrepid, 1996, with 138,000 miles. "Still a baby" Hannah says. She is thrilled!
When she gets her level 2 license in October, look out!!! We are still pinching ourselves...
Lord, You are worthy of praise!

Gory pic of big toe...that's what happens to Mom in Tang Soo Do when she does take downs with Hannah....I bent it forward on the mat and shoved the nail up under the cuticle...I am pretty sure I broke it too..I am back to walking now, very tenderly and did Tang Soo Do this am, with lots light stepping..but it is getting better..you don't realize how much you need your big toe until it is hurt!!

Last pic is Hannah hiding from her Mom..she was practicing for her frog role someday.

Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name..
Bless the Lord O my soul and FORGET NOT HIS BENEFITS,
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit;
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle..
Psalm 103:1-4

Do not forget His benefits as you walk through your days ahead.
Fix your eyes on Him and all He has done!

Oh and totally different subject.
There is a new movie coming out, made by the same people that did Facing the Giants. It is actually produced by a church in Georgia..High quality, no grade B stuff here. Honest.
It opens in some cinemas on September 26.
It is called FIREPROOF and we have seen the trailer on www.FireprooftheMovie.com
It is about a young couple who filed for divorce and how the husband tries to win back his wife..

So check it out!!

He is faithful,
Bonnie the

1 comment:

Sarah said...

WOW!!! Blessings, indeed! Don't know how I missed your posting from Sunday to Friday! Thought I checked most every day!?! Anyway, what wonderful Pictures ( except the toe ). Hope it's better soon. God is truely faithful, what wonderful blessings (inc. J & C !)
Love you lots!! Mom ;-)