Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thorns




No, none of these precious people are thorns! They are treasures and seeing their smiles today, brightens my life.
Seeing myself bald is a reminder of thorns, trials, pain and suffering. I purposely put that picture on here this morning so I can remember not the pain, suffering or misery of cancer, but MY GOD WHO WALKED WITH ME THROUGH IT ALL...Praise be to His name..May He alone receive glory and honor and praise...thank You Father God, for Your presence, in trouble..thank You for Your provision...

This morning, I helped Teresa water and feed our neighbors goats and pony and chickens. The view from their property looks out over the whole Bear River valley...I stood there soaking it in..
My heart felt like busting with gratefulness..

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Notice this does not state to be thankful FOR cancer or(insert your own painful thorn here)
It is God's will, His desire for me, to be thankful IN all circumstances.
See the difference??

I do.

George Matheson, was engaged to be married and then found he was going totally blind.
His fiance dumped him. "I cannot marry a blind man," she said.
Cruel huh?
He thought of taking his life, but instead, took hold of himself as he wrote the moving hymn,
O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go.
He also penned these powerful words, which I will leave with you today..

My God, I have never thanked You for my thorns. I have thanked You a thousand times for my roses, but not once for my thorns.
I have been looking forward to a world where I shall get compensation for my cross; but I have never thought of my cross as itself a present glory.
Teach me the glory of my cross, teach me the value of my thorn.
Show me that I have climbed to You by the path of pain.
Show me that my tears have made my rainbow.


I pray your Thanksgiving holiday is blessed.

He is faithful,
Bonnie


P.S. I love you A and K!!! You are both jewels to my heart!!

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Thank you Bonnie for another precious reminder of His great love for us--through roses and thorns, storms and rainbows--never failing. His love is always perfect, even in our imperfection. Especially in our imperfection! I love the line of the poem that reads, "Show me that my tears have made my rainbow."

Blessings to you friend~

Love,

Tina

P.S. Love the picture of you and my sweet sis!
P.S. again ~ You've been tagged on my blog, if you wanna play . . .