Monday, April 27, 2009

Bless the Lord O my soul...

I had to call this morning. I had gone for my walk. I had even listened to my new Rocky "Flying High Now" song, Nathan had downloaded for me. I was pumped. Decided to take the proverbial bull by the horns so to speak..
I get some lady I've never heard of before in oncology.. Who on earth is she? "Well what did the Dr tell you?" like I'm some school kid deviating from protocol.
"Um, she said she'd call me, but I am tired of waiting..." So much for Flying High Now...
I was rattled.
She said the Dr would call me back when she was done with her patients. Good grief, that could be all day!!!

I ran back to my room, hit the floor and prayed. And I told the Lord I would praise Him if it were bad news and I would praise Him if it were good news. I meant it with all my heart.. He already knew! Tim was home and it was going to be alright--either way, it would be alright. God would not change one iota. He was still the same.

Then the phone rings...I hear a familiar voice, S the nurse. She is such a sweet, dear woman.
She says, "Bonnie, Dr. wanted me to tell you that the only thing that showed up on your scan was arthritis in your left knee."
"PRAISE GOD!" I shouted in her ear...
Non plussed, she responded, "Yes, that is true, especially in this circumstance.."

There is no cancer gnawing away at my bones! None! Thank You Lord God! You are worthy of praise, glory and honor...
Why do my hips pain me so? I don't know--maybe because I need new, fancy running shoes to go with my new Rocky song? Maybe because I beat the snot out of my hips every Friday with kicks and Tang Soo Do forms? Maybe because I'm almost 48?
I like the shoe theory best.

Ecclesiastes says:
"In the day of prosperity be happy, but in the day of adversity consider, God made one as well as the other, so that man may not discover anything that may be after him." Ecc. 7:14

I will close with Psalm 103: 1-5

Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD O my soul and forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit;
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagles."

Do not forget His benefits to you this day!
Thank you for all your praying for me...

He is faithful,
Bonnie

5 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!

Oh Bonnie,

That is wonderful news. I am sure that the words "only arthritis" never sounded so good. Ever. I'll agree with you on the shoe theory . . . of course "beating the snot out of your hips" every Friday may have a tiny bit to do with it. The almost 48 years old part? Let's just through that out the window!

Thank you Father God that You crown us with lovingkindness and compassion. Thank you Bonnie for the reminder.

He IS faithful!

Love you friend, rejoicing in your news!

Tina

Kristine said...

HALLELUJAH! Praise His Name!!! I'm blowing my shofar your direction in a couple of minutes in praise for this victory!....Sweet, sweet dreams to you this night my friend. (It's 12:30 a.m. your time right now)

Love,
Your Alaska connection :)

Sarah said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!!!
Wasn't it just yesterday that we agreed that arthritis was something that is do-able?
New shoes sound like a good idea -
just make sure they fit properly.

Ditto everything Tina and Kristine said -

Love you all, looking forward to June.
Praise and Blessings!
Mom ;-)

Binga said...

What a relief to hear such comforting news, Honey. It was such a joy and it lifted our spirits!

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. (Deut. 33:27)

You and your household are courageous and faithful to always seek Him; and He will be found.

Much love
Mom

Unknown said...

PRAISE YOU JESUS! I do like the shoe theory as well and not the 40something one! What a witness you are to praise Him no matter what the outcome. I am so glad you got the good news you longed to hear!