Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wait for God

I must admit, when the phone rings, my heart is in my throat. I will myself to look at the caller id, and want it to say "Northern Michigan Hospital" but at the same instant, I do not want it to be! I have to push aside thoughts of death, thoughts of dying, thoughts of suffering with cancer gnawing away at the inside of my bones and realize those are not thoughts my Heavenly Daddy would put in my head. He gives me hope. He brings peace. He is life! I can feel your prayers because when these dumb thoughts come into my brain, it is way easier to tell them to leave me alone and do what II Corinthians 10:5 tells me to do, "taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." Thank you for your prayers. They are my lifeline right now.

Without further blather, here is what I am holding on to with all my strength today:

"My soul, wait in silence for God only;
for my hope is from Him.
He only is my Rock and my salvation,
My stronghold;
I shall not be shaken.
On God my salvation and my glory rest;
the God of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. (Selah) "

Psalm 63:5-8

All praises to my Rock and Refuge,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Continuing to lift you up as you wait.

Love from Texas~

Tina