Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday Memories

My friend got us these groovy birthday glasses; a new tradition has begun!
Tim fooled me and switched the numbers around. I didn't notice until after I blew them out!
So I got to do it again, with singing and everything!! Notice the look on my husband's face!
We found out this week I really can make a super big shopping trip and bring it all home in my new bug! I am grateful Teresa is so flexible! Rachel loves sitting up front too!

My birthday was wonderful, memorable and fun. Tim and I got away Saturday night to our favorite place, the Crooked River Lodge. We stopped at a grocery store and bought our dinner and ate it in our room. We chatted, ate and watched the boats go up and down the river.
We slept in the next morning and met the kids and my Mom down by the bay for a picnic lunch. Some little bug(not mine, the flying kind) had a big hatch and they were all over! You had to keep your mouth shut when you walked through the grass! We walked down the new bike trail too and had a great time. Such beauty to celebrate in!!
We went and saw the new Night in a Museum movie after our walk. Mom came too and we all enjoyed ourselves....
Then burgers on the grill, great friends to enjoy them with and german chocolate cake...yum! Thanks Mom! I love the homemade cards my children made me too. They are very creative. I also got a call from two dear, sweet people during my celebration time that made it even more special. God knew I needed to hear from them..thank You Lord. Thank You for servants who minister to me now, years after they met me.

I read all of Psalm 103 after we ate. I want to remember God's benefits. I want my children to remember all He has done. I simply wanted to hear His Word ringing in my ears as I went to bed that night...Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name...

I am so blessed..thank You Jesus...

Keep praying for my brother..he isn't feeling very well. He and his wife need to know God's presence, His peace and experience His provision. My prayers for them lately have been more like groans...Oh God, help them. Show them. Lead them..

Please pray for my left knee. I got a cortisone injection last week and my knee is worse...I mean, I cannot walk one step without pain. The Dr injected it not into my joint, (like my ortho guy did last time and it worked well) but farther down, into what he called the bursa/tendon area. I was already seeing this new Dr and figured instead of waiting two weeks to see my ortho guy to get an injection, I'd just let this new Dr do it. It only hurts when I walk......


Remember God's many benefits towards you,

He pardons all your iniquities,
He heals all your diseases,
He redeems your life from the pit,
He crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion,
He satisfies your years with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

Pardons, heals, redeems, crowns and satisfies..

Verbs that reflect the kind of God He is..God is not aloof, He is active.

He is also faithful,
Bonnie, who is 48 not 84!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Love the glasses!!! Happy Birthday! You're lookin' great for 84, er 48!!! :)

Waitingfaithfully said...

Happy, Happy Birthday dear one!

Love you,

Tina