Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New look

When I was napping this afternoon, Rachel gave my blog a new "do." Isn't she something? I love her so. I messed around with the profile too, that is why the views went up in number!

Much has happened since I last posted. God has been my very present help in trouble. I have learned from all the cancer yuck that His Word is like medicine to my soul, ridding it of cancerous attitudes--but I have to administer it!! Out of sheer mercy, He has sent me such love and grace in varied forms; a letter, a phone call from someone near and dear to my heart and even a song someone sent me! Running to Him might be due to pain, but it is always good to be in His presence. Worship has been intense and leaving me yearning for more..I am blown away by His love for me!

I have been drawn to a couple verses.
One is 2 Corinthians 7: 10 "For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but the sorrow of the world produces death." NASB

Look at it in The Message: "Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets."



Rachel and I have been reading a devotion I had on my shelf, from the late Corrie ten Boom, the dutch woman whose family hid Jews in WWII. She and her family were taken to the concentration camps. Her sister Betsy died there, as did her parents. Oh what wisdom this woman possesses! Her writings are simple yet incredibly power filled.

Last night's reading:
Do you ask, "Is Jesus able?" I can say, " Yes, and you have the victory through Him." Don't believe what your emotions tell you. Believe what God's Word tells you. Your emotions must be redeemed by Jesus.

Coward and wayward and weak,
I change with the changing sky.
Today so eager and brave,
Tomorrow not willing to try.
But He never gives in,
And we two will win,
Jesus and I.

Lord, it is sometimes hard for us to see our victories, but we know that they are there. Thank You that Your Word tells us so clearly that together with You we stand on victory ground.

From Corrie ten Boom's Each New Day.


Wasn't that incredible??? I can still hear her thick, Dutch accent..

Prayer requests/Praises:
*We go to the heart Dr tomorrow for followup on Mom's heart cath. We need wisdom!

*We found some writings in a journal Mom had from 2000--oh what a blessing to see words written in Steve and Amy's hand! We had gathered for New Year's Day and we each finished the phrase.."The thing God did the best this past year is..." My Hannah had written "The thing that God did the best was to bring Teresa into this home." She was 7. That was 3 months past Teresa's birth.

* Pray for Amy and the boys this next month..It marks Steve's birthday and Caleb's 18th. Please, please lift them up to the throne of grace..

* My Dad's old F-150 orange/rust pickup lives!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tim is having my cousin's husband put a new bed on it. For now, he drives it around with just the cab and it looks naked to me!! It is a 1978!!!

* Saturday, we watched our girls perform in their musical, Mr. Sunshine. Tim and I are so proud of them! Teresa sang all by herself and I cried...Rachel acted so well and I heard many people say she was perfect for the 1950's!!...The plays are over for now and I think we are finally all rested up..

* The HOPE garden is coming along. The girls and I cultivated the soil for the beds a few days ago. I need to work some stuff into it b/c it is quite clay-ish. It gets really hard when it gets dry..
It is going to be a great place to sit, pray and reflect. Plants are coming up--it is exciting to witness!!

* 3 weeks till school is over..This teacher is ready...


All for now.
Lord I love you,
Thank You for Your faithfulness to me..
Bonnie







No comments: