Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Put it on

Entry from a calendar ditty I see every day:

Kindness is something you choose to put on, like a garment. The ultimate act of kindness was when Jesus gave His life for us. Pray that His brand of kindness will grow in you so that you can lay down your life for others with acts of kindness too.


Again, I ask, why do I not do this? Is it easier to bite someone's head off than it is to be kind? Sadly, some days, yes. Lord forgive me..
But if I look at the life of Jesus, I see another example.
In John, he had just washed Judas' feet.(and everyone elses) He gave Judas a place of honor at the table. He allowed Judas to dip his hand in the "sop" with Him--which I guess was also an honor. What did Judas do? He left to betray Jesus.

Jesus' reply to him, in the Garden the night he was betrayed was: "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?" Oh to be there and hear the utter sorrow in Jesus' voice..to see His eyes..He knows rejection people. He knows what is like to be betrayed..

Today, Lord, I choose to put on kindness. Let my children see it. Allow my husband to hold me while I fashion it for him. I pray others will see it too. Let me lay down my life for others to see, whether they thank me or not(because that is not what being kind is about) because that is exactly what You did for me.

I praise You for the example You gave me...

You are worthy,
Bonnie

No comments: