Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tender Thursday

Tonight was the ceremony..... the weight room Steve spent so much time at got renamed, in his honor. Tonight at our table, we each picked a word that described Steve and wrote it inside a football. Then we chose a word that described God and wrote it on the outside of the football.
The girls were all in a rather giggly mood and all I wanted to do was weep...I loved how the words we said described my brother also could work for God. That's because Steve loved God with all his heart, mind, soul and strength. I want to say so much more but I cannot.
This stone graces our HOPE garden. Knowing Steve spoke these words gives them more weight and meaning to me.
Isaiah 40:31, one of my brother's favorite Bible verses..
Mom I love you..so did your son.
3 crazy 2nd degree black belt girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the bow kata we had to perform for our 2nd degree! It is so much fun...
Way to go Teresa, age 10, and Rachel age 15. You two are amazing to me!!
Tough girls. Or at least two of us...See the spiffy stripes on the bottom of our belts?? We can now bring up/teach someone to earn their first degree black belts. Two more years of instruction and another testing and we will be third degree and be able to instruct from our own school. That is my dream...



***********************************************************
Grief is relentless. Life is hard. That is my reality lately.

I like how a friend, who is fighting cancer again put it this morning (concerning her second fight)

The reality is "brutal" but His mercy is new every morning.

Amen and amen.

I love you brother and I miss you. I pray for your family so very much...they must be so very proud of you.

Your sister,
Bonnie

No comments: