Sunday, November 21, 2010

Biopsy

Needles. Poking. "This will feel like a bee sting (ya-godzilla bee)." Or "think positive thoughts."
Ummm..not sure I follow that one because when you are poking around in my breast with a HUGE needle and it hurts, I find it difficult to think in such a manner. It's more like, "Jesus help me---pleeassseee!!!"

Little ramblings from my memory banks on my last biopsy. Jesus did help me through it. As He will help my mom.....

Tomorrow my mom has a biopsy on a spot in her breast. Her mammogram came back with this news-that she needed to have this spot biopsied---I am glad we have the technology to do things like this, but it sure can usher in some anxiety!!

Phil. 4:6 says, " Be anxious for nothing.." This was back in the days before mammograms, but the people of God face horrific persecutions and the author who penned those words was himself in prison, awaiting execution. I think he knows of what he speaks--anxiousness and fear must have been lurking at his mind's door continually....but when "we are anxious for nothing and we go to God with our prayers and with gratefulness, the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

I will be with Mom and would love for you to cover her in prayer..pray that she will remember God's precious promises and that He will give her a song in the night--tonight as well as the proceeding nights until we find out what this lump is.

I find incredible solace in knowing that God holds her in the palm of His hand. My Mom, whom I love more than life itself, rests there, loved, cherished, treasured and well spoke of.
God speaks well of those whom He loves, Scripture says He boasts of us.

I love this verse in Isaiah 66:1,2

"Thus says the LORD, "Heaven in My throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?
For My hand made all these things, thus all these things came into being.
But to this one will I look, to him who is humble and contrite of spirit and who trembles at my Word."


Idea here is that God is sovereign and BIG. How can we make anything for Him?? He made it all. Including us.
And His eyes look to those who are humble,
contrite of spirit
and who tremble at His Word.

Mom, that's you. Your humility graces your face tonight as you look to tomorrow. You are not afraid. You are trusting in the One Who made you. You can do this because you have a fear and reverence for God and for His Word. Thank you for stoking that fire in me---I love seeing you with your Bible on your lap, soaking up the words like they were life to you--because they are. It is comforting to me to see you clinging to Him for life. You are a tremendous example to me and your grandchildren of one trembling at His Word...

I love you and am praying like crazy for God's will to be done in your life--He holds you fast. May His peace guard your heart and mind..(mine too)

Your daughter,
Bonnie

No comments: