Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Accident

Nathan's car after it crashed into a neighbor's tree--awaiting a visit from the insurance people Thursday.
This morning as we pulled it out-- only 1/4 mile from our house..he lost control on the slippery road last night.
Nathan's angel was busy--there is a power pole on the other side and the guide wire going down to the ground. His air bag worked and praise God for seat belts!
You never want to hear " (name of your loved one) has been in an accident" but we did last night at dinner. My heart skipped a beat or two--Tim snarfed a couple more bites from his dinner and headed out the door. He was only down at our neighbors--and she is a nurse, so I knew he was in capable hands. Today he is very, very sore but nothing major. Praise God for great neighbors, for God's angels and for Nathan's life!
Thank You Lord for Your hand on our son...he could have been seriously hurt, if not killed.
**********************************************************************************
I read voraciously over break and loved the Chapman's book Choosing to SEE. One of the quotations that sums up the theme of my blog is this from Hudson Taylor:

"May this be your experience; may you feel that the Hand which inflicts the wound supplies the balm, and that He who has emptied your heart has filled the void with Himself."

Jesus Christ is enough in good moments and He is plenty enough when life overflows with pain. I want this blog to be a place where you as the reader, hear that God's abundant grace is sufficient for every day, no matter what that day holds for you.

I was challenged to think of a verse or two that would be my "theme" for this next, fresh year.
I have thought long and hard and gone to ----

Lamentations 3:21-23
"This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning,
Great is Thy faithfulness."

By remembering the mercies and goodness of God, I have hope for each day. I told Nathan as he was musing this morning about his car to remember what God did the last time he had this happen. Remember when our former blue suburban rolled? We had a customer prepay for flying with Tim to the tune of several thousand dollars, which just happened to be exactly the amount of the "new/used" suburban we now drive.
When I wonder about cancer returning in my body due to an ache or pain, I remember how well God took care of me through the last time and realize I do not have to worry or fear. He wants me to trust Him.
Hope is infused into my life when I "recall to mind" these things. When I understand that God's compassions do not run out for my life, I can trust Him more and more. When I say God is faithful I am speaking as one who has had 30 plus years of seeing it and living it. It's no fluke. It's real.

God is real. He is merciful and compassionate. He is faithful and I am holding on to Him with every ounce of strength I possess. (which He supplies by the way) How arrogant to think I muster it on my own!

Obviously 2011 has entered with an adventure or two! And some things I know for certain is that God is faithful, He loves me and His mercies are new every single day. That is what I want this blog to be about---what God is doing in my life--and Who He is.

Happy New Year!!

Bonnie


No comments: