Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bottom of the bucket

That has been my view most of Monday. Today, I disinfected the bucket. Teresa's too. We had our own and I could hear her, through the walls of my room and she could hear me..(use our buckets--ugh!)
Tim and Rachel and Nathan escaped "the view." Hannah too.
Maybe most people close their eyes?

I don't know. All I know is that the flu, especially concerning my stomach, reminds me of my chemo days. And that, oddly enough, reminds me of my brother. I miss you so Steve..

I read to Teresa last night, as we lay in bed together. Tim put himself on the couch, in the living room, away from the germs. So did Rachel.
From the fourth chapter of Revelation, my eyes soaked up what my heart desperately needed to be reminded of--that this place we call earth, where we become ill and get cancer and some of us "don't make it" ----this place is not my home.

Heaven is.
God's throne is surrounded by commotion of the holiest sort. Creatures with differing images "do not cease to say,
HOLY HOLY HOLY is the LORD God the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come."

Heaven is my destination. It is my home forever and ever. It is a place I will see my brother again, face to face. I found a boatload of pics recently (quite by surprise) and it has been such a gift! I can't touch pictures though. I cannot hug them or hear them. They are reminders at best. Yet, in heaven, I will be reunited with my sibling. Forever.

All those thoughts zipped through my head as I was reading this to Teresa. She loves the book of Revelation she said. Has read through it. She's 11!! I was amazed. She said she likes it-- a lot.
Thank You Lord, for children and their honest, sincerity for You.

All these thoughts, especially of Heaven, bring my nauseated body and mind, rest.

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come...
Non stop. 24/7. Day and night.
Amazing..

Praying for you reader,
He is faithful,
Bonnie the less barfy than yesterday...

No comments: