Monday, February 14, 2011

True Love


Oh my...I got a love letter from my sweetheart this past weekend...Tim and I attended the kickoff event called The Art of Marriage by Family Life. We watched over 5 hours of DVDs about marriage. The content was over the top amazing, informative and Bible based. I learned I am selfish to the core---which I guess I did not need to pay for to know, but there is something about the Word of God on the big screen, penetrating into the "joints and marrow, judging the thoughts and intentions of the heart"--my selfish, me minded heart..God's Word reveals and brought me to repentance. I am very, very grateful for what I experienced over the weekend.

One of the activities we did was to write a love letter to our spouse...I am a visual person mind you, so to see my beloved's writing, declaring his love for me, is a gift I will treasure forever.


Thank You Lord for my husband...he is my gift, from Your heart. Help me to respect him, love him and affirm him. Help me to pray for him as he leads our family...
Thank You for my true love (with skin on) Lord..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The sunset the other night was SPECTACULAR. Stunning. A fireball in the sky! Teresa and I were plodding up the power line hill and we kept stopping and exclaiming about God's incredible beauty!! Wow Whee Lord!!

Jesus Christ is my first true love.. He loves me best. His love for me is unconditional, pure, holy, right and crazy!!! It is humbling and amazing to try to wrap my little brain around the Creator of the sunset, loving me, the one admiring His handiwork..

This is the verse that "got" me over the weekend: (used in the context of anger/conflict in a marriage relationship)

"What causes quarrels and fights among you?
Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you?
You desire and do not have, so you murder.
You covet and cannot obtain,
so you fight and quarrel.
You do not have because you do not ask. "
James 4: 1-2




Anyhow, it was all very good and very helpful and very convicting and very affirming.


If you are married I recommend this HIGHLY-go to www.FamilyLife.com and -- check out their Art of Marriage conferences. And don't think you have to have a "problem" to go. Think of it as maintenance. Prevention. There was a couple at ours that had been married 46 years and a couple that had been married not quite a year! So no excuses!! GO!



For the "un Valentine's Day" people, check out Hannah's blog, www.achinglytransparent.blogspot.com
It's a winner..

I love You Lord,
Bonnie

No comments: