Thursday, February 10, 2011

Unforgiveness


To quote a couple powerful statements:

"Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and then waiting for your enemy to die."

If God forgave you like you forgive your enemy, would you be satisfied?
(i doubt it)

Whoever you are reading this: God loves you. He wants a relationship with you. There is NOTHING you have done that is beyond His ability to forgive you. Nothing. He says if you "confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9
I realize that I am speaking of two differing things: God's forgiveness of us and us forgiving others. But I believe they are connected because if we cannot accept God's forgiveness of us personally, how on earth can we forgive those we live on this earth with?


I will never, ever forget my brother's response to a wrong done to him, not too long before he met Jesus...

He said and I quote, "There is nothing, you can do or say, that will ever stop me from loving you."


Thank you brother for a powerful, God honoring example. I miss you more than words can begin to say...


Bon




***************************************



No comments: