Friday, March 25, 2011

Three century time to post


I watched her hands tenderly touch Heidi's side. I could sense her fingers remembering their first ride, endless but joyful brushings, braiding her tail and mane, turning pages in her horse book, picking hooves, holding reins, and grabbing bunches of her mane while riding bareback. I could tell she was saying goodbye to her friend for the last 1 1/2 years. She kissed Heidi's head and I walked my precious, courageous daughter back to the house while the vet put her down.

I remembered the day she got thrown, how Teresa's legs buckled under her body, while the dumb horse just stood there, looking all innocent. Man, I was mad at that animal!

I remembered looking out in the pasture and Heidi standing while Teresa was sitting by her, reading to her. To her horse..

Each moment came that quick, while stars twinkled, boots crunched the snow, breath hung in the frigid air, with sadness coming quickly..

I hope you can read the inscription she put on her cross.

The best horse ever.

That is what it means to my 11 year old, because Heidi belonged to her.

I love you daughter dear. You were very brave that night.


********************************************************************

This is my 300th post! Wow whee, it's been interesting...

You have no idea how many times I hit the back button when I write.
I want to be careful when I hit "publish post." So careful.
I realize the power of words--they can encourage, prod, challenge or heal.
Or they can defame, deflate, discourage and DESTROY.

Look at what Proverbs says:
"The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things." Prov. 15:28

"There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." Prov. 12:18


I have no hidden agendas when I write. I am not trying to say something to a distant someone.

I am trying to tell others that when life hurts, pain is prime and you think you want to dig a hole and pull the dirt over your head,

GOD IS A VERY PRESENT HELP.

HE LOVES YOU.

GOD CARES FOR YOU.

I wish I could see each of you, through the screen, as you read. I would whisper to you again and again,

"The Lord loves you and wants to be with you through your trials and troubles-
Nothing is too difficult for Him." I know this, I have experienced His grace and mercy over and over.

Will you let Him love you?

He is faithful,
Bonnie






No comments: