Sunday, September 18, 2011

Book of face

I think that face book has scared me actually. I've been burned by it and I really do not want to spend sordid amounts of time on it. People do.

I've read people whining, complaining, name calling and using rotten, filthy language. And-- if you do not like someone or just rather not deal with them anymore, you can, with the click of a button, make them go away. Or you can block people, which I think is really mean--but you won't know it, which I guess makes it a little less mean? Oh brother.


BUT
I've also seen people encourage one another. I've seen great comments and funny photos and seen all these posts used for GOOD.

It's another Biblical principle coming to light:

What is in your heart comes out on your face.(or your keyboard) Which is ironic that face book isn't aptly named HEART book. Not always, but most posts reflect back into the heart of those who ticked away on their keyboards.

Proverbs speaks much of faces and hearts.
I like this one:
"A joyful heart makes a cheerful face,
but when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken." 15:13
OR
"The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer,
but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things." 15:28
Finally
"Anxiety in the heart of a man, weighs it down but a good word makes it glad." 12:25


I jumped into a new world tonight. My daughters giggled next to me, "No mommy, not that button, THAT one!"
Hannah helped me via phone. You know you can actually talk to someone these days? Like hear their voice? It's like a chat with the voice added for effect.
You might want to try it some time!!

He is faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: