Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How'd it go??


Laguna Beach California....



Joy--true joy--

Is not based, dependent or indicative of our circumstances. The knife show is a perfect example of living either as faith filled people, trusting God in all things(in this case, no sales) or fearful people, questioning God in all things.

I drove all the way down to the Pacific ocean Sunday..I could bear it no longer--sand, waves, seals and shells were waiting for ME!!! I was a little nervous about driving in all the traffic alone, but I wasn't really alone..I had the Lord Himself with me, my Constant Companion.

The sand and surf caressed by toes, my feet, the sounds soothed my soul..here we came to CA, confident we would do "well"---
by the world's standards, we bombed because we did not sell a single thing.
But in Your economy of faith and joy Lord, we did "well" because once more, we are in a situation we do not understand, but still we trust You in it. Thankful, for our incredible adventure, just the two of us. We affirmed our complete trust in You each morning before we climbed out of our king sized bed..
That is "doing well."
When I arrive in Heaven God is not going to assess me based on how many knives I sold at a knife show.
He is not going to check my ROTH IRAs or my checking account balance or see if I had a shiny new car I drove to church to worship Him..and He is not going to ask me if my house was clean or the woodpile neatly stacked!!


I love Habakkuk 3: 17-19
"Though the fig tree should not blossom, and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail, and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls,
YET
I will exult in the LORD,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The LORD God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes
me walk on
my
high
places."

Like my devotional said this morning, "Remember that joy is not dependent on your circumstances."

Amen and amen..

He is faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: