Friday, October 14, 2011

Rainy days

Please do not get me wrong. Or misinterpret. Or get your nose bent out of joint...

I do not like seeing breast cancer awareness month on cat food, toilet paper or yogurt!

It's a marketing gimmic to get you to buy more of their product. Yes, they donate to who ever. Yes that is nice. But toilet paper??? Really???? Goodness. I like it when football teams wear pink--which makes me smile to think of---and other teams or organizations wearing pink--even our airline attendants donned pink ties or sweater... To me, that shouts "I support you!"
Toilet paper does not.


Ok. I'm done now. I did do a blurb for a local radio station this week. Got to sit in a real, live radio station and fumble for words as to why other women should get mammograms. Dummy me, thought I'd be reading a script or something...nope. After 5 or 6 tries, the gal who had me come in(who is also a breast cancer survivor) smiled nicely and told me "she thought she had enough."
I know radio is not my forte.


I curled up in my afghan this afternoon...I wanted to cry but slept instead.
One of those days I guess. I tried to count my blessings. I felt yucky. Weary.

My U.P. girl calls. Tells me about her bronchitis. Poor Hannah...I want to mother but cannot do so well without sight--eyes that see her, and arms to give her a hug and tuck her in. I must let You do that Lord. Will You?

I am busting with pride because she is relying on You. I could not be more pleased. I used to measure my children's success by the world's standards--and doggone it--there is nothing wrong with wanting this either! BUT--to live by faith, believing God is in the daily drudgery and grind and that He cares and wants to provide grace and mercy...that to me, is a greater success.
Why? Because money does not bring happiness. It buys stuff. The love of it, leads to evil Scripture states.

If I know my children will choose to walk by faith, to trust God when life is good and even more when life is hard---well, to this breast cancer survivor, that is "success."

Thank You Lord God for my children. Thank You that I am here, this day, to witness their growth and their accomplishments. I am grateful and humbled to be able to.

He is faithful,
Bonnie

P.S. Go to Hannah's blog www.achinglytransparent.blogspot.com be blessed...




No comments: