Thursday, December 15, 2011

Come Let us Adore Him

6 days have passed since my girlfriend has walked into the arms of Jesus. Knowing that death is not the end, knowing that she is with God, knowing that she is whole and healed of her cancer, brings me hope..

yet it has been hard.
Stark.
Painful.
Real close to my heart.

I am grateful I was able to kneel by her and talk with her. Brings me a teensy bit of comfort.
God's presence ushers in more because after all, He is the God of comfort.

I've been grumpy.
Moody.
Tense.
Angry.

And I really can't put a finger on why. I know this is not how my friend would want me to react or grieve.

I could spill my guts here, but this is truly not the place because God made my guts and He alone knows what and who puts them in knots.. or why I do.


Truth:
I can adore while I hurt.
I can worship in pain.
I can trust when I reflect on why I'm still here and my friend is not.


So Lord, in my broken estate, I will
come
and
adore
You.


God Who loves me,
come to earth,
wrapped in pink baby skin.

I love You,
Bonnie

No comments: